doc's dog day

Monday, May 15, 2006

A day of reckoning

I haven't been regularly posting in my blog, for this I beg for forgivance. I have been busy these days, having actively scout for a property worth buying as well as being busy managing the whole clinic on my own. As all would probably know it's tax season and as such I am under extreme duress of having to sort out my expenditures and to complete my tax returns. I was previously under the misinformation that I had to submit my returns by end of May but upon further probing it is due only by end of June. For my returns it's business and thus an extension is granted.

Anyway back to what I intend to write, things have been pretty topsy and turvy, nothing that great but nothing akwardly wrong. Shares has it's ups and downs, and I am in the process of liquidating my share holdings, and up to date, had sold around 50% worth of my portfolio, share wise.

As I have mentioned earlier I am also in the process of looking for a good investment property, not that I have so much money, but rather, in my opinion some amount of money that I have managed to earn up to this point in time would be much better used investing in something that will generate me good returns, compared to splurging in some material things that makes me feel good about myself, a nice car for instance. For this I reckon I am too miserly and stingy to buy. I have been "homing" in on a key place, called Mont Kiara which I had been looking and visiting a few properties, but nothing is good value and nice enough for me to put a deposit on it. I view a nice under construction property recently and I am trying to determine if my finances permits me to buy a unit there. It would set me back around 700 grand and I reckon for a first foray into this place, is somewhat over gearing.

Anyway since we are trying to buy in a big group, it would be interesting to see if the developer actually "bite" at our dangled carrot. If all things turns out and align well, I would probably be buying, subjected to if my resources permits me to be eligible for a 700 grand loan from the bank. Whichever way I am looking at it, if it goes either way, today would be a day of reckoning for me for I would know by the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home