doc's dog day

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

MEME food tag

Well, I have been tagged without even realising it by gap, a fellow blogger and it's some MEME ( don't know what it means actually) and it's regarding food. I am not a particular big fan of food but I do have to list out 5 of them that is actually my favourite. I reckon that isn't that difficult, just I would think that my criteria for listing it would differ slightly from the general guidelines. Anyway I am unique in this sense mah!

I would get to it in a descending order, from food that has most impression on me:-

5) Crabs

Self cooked, while I was working in Bau, Sarawak, I remembered buying life ones with a close colleague and cooking it ourselves. We didn't know how to do it correctly and instead of cleaning and chopping it right smack in the middle, we just rinsed it in running tap water, to flush out the dirt, and other contaminants. After cleaning it, the live crab would be dumped into a pot of boiling water and the lid closed. No ingredient and seasonings apart from the crabs. Btw, the tatse is beautiful, none adulterated, and "sweet". Cruelty aside, I think that's how 2 bachelors would cook and that's what we did.

4) Indian fried fish with rawa seeds

Stayed in Manipal, India for 6 years and got used to the foods there. I particularly enjoyed my 70cents friend fish (I think sardine) covered in rawa seeds. (Rawa seed is a seed derived from the poppy plant but is itself devoid of any psychotropic effects unlike it's more illustrious "brother"). It's fresh and juicy and comes to boiled rice which is much bigger in size that ur average rice legumes as it balloons into the size pretty similar to "bubble" in bubble tea; The meal comes complete with some veges and curds. I sustained myself there with diets like this for 6 years. Memory of it still sticks to my mind.

3) a. KFC original flavour

Not one that I like, but when I was young, I had a penchant for everything KFCs and I recall that there was such shop near my house. One bucket then was something like 20 ringgit and I remembered I ate ( at the time when I was around 13) 5 pieces of KFC and I ended up being sick and henceforth the smell of it the original KFC turns me off. Talk about overdose!

3) b. Tied with KFC is the undisputed Pasta by my ex.

The pasta cooked by my ex tasted funny as the overcooked and soggy macaroni with the home made pasta sauce. As much as I think the food tasted weird, I was in seventh heaven as it was being prepared by my gf, who incidently doesn't cook for anything. Reckon my taste bud was corrupted then by my feelings of euphoria and love for her.

4) c. Tie to KFC and the Pasta is Steamed Pork liver

Remembered this as when I was young, I had been pretty sickly and had to be "strengthened" with supplements like steamed pork liver. Mind you the liver is not taken as only the reddish bloody fluid is to be consumed. Suspended with coagulated proteins from god knows where. Bad after taste but full of invigorating goodness.

2) Vietnamese wrap meat and veges

Something nice for a change, had this went I visited my ex ex gf's friend in a district in Thailand, called Kalasin and we stayed in her house. Nice town nearing the Laos across the river Mekong. We had a Vietnamese Food, locally prepared with a covering and filling made of pork and mint, fresh veges, garlic, some sauce, cillies and wrap to resemble a roll. Very good impression of this as it's prepared with TLC and had an exquisite taste.

1) Hot milo and raw eggs

This is the undisputed winner. Eventhough it tasted bad, nay, terrible, it's still holds the unprecendented number 1 in my MEME. Memory of it is enough to remind me of my mum. I the impression and memory of her will linger on similar to the memory of the tatse of this.

Well, I reckon I have done my part on this MEME, the only thing to do is to list 5 that has been MEME-ed and then 5 more bloggers that has yet to be MEME-ed. Still unclear as to what MEME means. Maybe I should Google-ed it? Wow, new words and usage of words everyday.

5 that has been MEME-ed,

1) Gap
2) winn
3) Jeremy C
4) Hedonistic Anonymous
5) Yvy

5 that has yet to be MEME-ed

1) bunnywunny
2) greenmango
3) tangerine fidelity
4) .....
5) .....

Whew! my MEME is complete, now to other things!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home