doc's dog day

Thursday, June 23, 2005

23.6.2005

I am here again today typing aimlessly. I wonder if I should write something similar to Bridget's? Maybe start with how much I weigh, how many ciggies I smoke, what I am eating, and how many units of alcohol in my system? I reckon it would be a way to start the blog going! but then it wouldn't be unique to me, right? Well I think being just plain me would suffice at least for the time being.

The earlier part of the morning starts like any other day, wake up, brush my teeth, bathe, etc. All pretty regimental and routine. Started off like any other day. Whilst reading my papers, ( an early morning addiction together with my mandatory dosages of caffein, I read that the baby is still not found yet ( the baby kidnapped from a local hospital). I was just imagining being in it's parent's shoes, what I wouldn't give to get the newborn back! I checked the latest news on the papers and there is nothing worth reading apart from the usual Political jargon, mumbo jumbo and etc . I think the world as such is such a terrible and unaccomodating place.

Patient wise, hmm, still pretty low, am intriqued by lots of people who actually don't put much emphasis on their own health. Why do I say that? I had a patient who is in her teens, and is suffering from Chicken Pox, naturally I advised her for an antiviral therapy and even though it costs a bit more than the standard medication, I would take it myself as it would cut short the disease process and the side effects associated with it. I don't know why her mum decline the suggestion and claim it to be expensive, well I reckon in their mind, it would be much cheaper paying for dermoabrasions and facials rather than taking the medications! Silly, silly people. I feel this shouldn't be compromised.

Well on a brighter note, I have read the latest about the abduction of the baby, it has since been recovered and the prime suspect in the abduction is one of the staff nurses who works in the hospital! It seems that she has been in postnatal depression due to the fact that she had lost baby recently. I reckon I felt for her as well. Does this means that I am getting soft? Hah I don't think so, maybe I am just human!

Patient today number up to around 8 of them, pretty bad, but actually cannot complain so much owing to the poor economic climate nowadays. I reckon there are some practices that is faring even worst than mine. In other words I should be thankful. I hadn't slept well yesterday, mum was screaming on top of her voice again last night. I presume she is uncomfortable and in pain. I gave her some celebrex and hope that it would at least settle her down a bit, it pains to see her being tied on her hands. It might look inhumane and bad but we had to do it as she is trying to pull out her urinary tube. I am afraid that it would injure her even more. I think the maxim of cruel to be kind speaks a thousand words.

Oh did i mention that I had a late night yesterday? Yup while closing up for the day I had a case of a serious allergic reaction. They stay around my place but saw a different doctor earlier, the kid develop rather bad allergic reaction towards the medication and came with an engorged head, striking resembance to Will Smiths in "Hitch", the thing that got me worried is not the dermal manifestation but the pulmonary ones, I distinctly heard wheezing and difficulty in breathing and it was rather serious. I had given her the neccesary medication and advised her to go to the hospital in case it become worst. But after observing her for sometime, I am reasonably sure that she will be alright!

Hmm, I haven't write anything on my ex. Well my feeling is still smarting from it but I am feeling much better as compared to a few days back. I think I am in the process of moving on. I still am very concern about her wellbeing but I think she doesn't care much anymore. I wish and pray that whatever she does, she will be happy.

1 Comments:

  • I think the dearth of patients is also because consultation fees at private clinics are pretty high. I used to pay RM15 those days but now its something like RM35. The number of patients at government clinics are countless these days as you only need to pay RM1 for consultation and for general ailment medicine.

    By Blogger Family of Four, at November 04, 2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home