doc's dog day

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

what the hell!

My first post for the month of August, the month where the Olympics will commence in Beijing, as a Chinese I should be proud that finally the "games" has make it's presence felt in the middle kingdom. Alas this is not the topic of my post today.

August is also the month of many uncertainties, including diabolical conspiracies and dubious sodomy charges againsts a 61 year old man. Nothing makes sense, well at least to me. It's also the month where spirits from the netherworld descends into our streets, the "Ghost month".

But all these is nothing compared to my small worries. Yup I am a normal chap and has normal worries. I have been busy with renovating my apartment. I had engaged a plaster ceiling contractor to fix my ceiling and it has been already 10 days and nothing has been done yet. I lost my cool and I started firing the fellow. I reckon irrespective of race or creed, no one can be trusted. At times I think chinese are the biggest snakes. Well, I am chinese, and I don't know if I am a snake, but seriously, for a fellow Chink, i never like the way business is done. What am i supposed to do? My schedule is tight as my curtains needs to be up by Monday and this chap is nonchalantly taking his own sweet time to install the ceiling. I made sure things are set in motion today, hence my absence from work for a few hours.

I have to monitor and go check on them once a day, whoever said Chinese are responsible people has got to be kidding me. I think responsibility doesn't automatically comes with a specific race, nor meticulousness or hardworking virtues. It is individualistic.

Another thing that has been bothering me is that my shoe has been stolen this morning. My shoe that is bought from Bangkok barely a few weeks ago. I reckon the issue is not about the price, or the cost of the item, but the very fact that we don't even feel safe in our own house. It's irritating to think that society has descended into this state, no thanks to the excellent job the Polis Diraja is doing. When every conceivable manpower to employed to investigate a allegation of sodomy against a former DPM, it goes to speak volumnes about the priority of those who walks the corridor of power.

However, just in my wicked and most inappropriate way, I hope and curse that prick that stole my moccasins that he will developed severe allergic reaction when he wears the shoe. May he suffer the conseqences of his action. I stop short of saying 'Fish Your Mother Shoes', for his mother has got no part in his misdemeanor.

2 Comments:

  • Renovations are always very stressful. If you are one of the first to move into a new building, be more careful as it is common for break-ins when you are out at work, as:

    1. There aren't many occupied units around you to help keep an eye/ ear

    2. Noise of break-ins are easily camouflaged by on-going renovation drills/ noise.

    3. Plenty of strangers moving in and out of the vicinity.

    THat said, it is exciting having a place of your own. So enjoy pimping it up!!

    By Blogger mh, at August 07, 2008 2:31 AM  

  • yup, renovation is very time consuming and tiring, (not to mention taxing on the pockets)..

    there are times when everything the contractor does is in direct opposite of what u instructed, which goes to compound the irritation.

    in the past few months, i have renovated 2 apartment unit and it's very very exhausting.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at August 10, 2008 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home