doc's dog day

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day and heartbreak

December the 25th, the day Jesus was born, although not entirely true, but it's taken as the day and celebrated throughout the world. Well maybe with the exception of Orthodox Christianity. How did I celebrate this magical and blessed day? I am ashamed to say that I spent it alone, at home, with nothing to do, no where to go.

Ah well, I reckon life's pretty much the same, nothing has changed, I took the opportunity to take the day off, to unwind and relax, but relax i did, within the confines of my room, napping at times, and staring at the Idiot Box. Micheal and Sam Hui's old classic came on the air, and I watched it to it's entirety. It was nostalgic and fun, reminding of my youth when I vaguely remembered humming Sam's catchy tune. I cannot imagine it has been more than 2 decades, how time really flies.

Today is Boxing day, and here I am sitting in my clinic and working. At times I am jealous of those that work 5 days week, and still have the cheek to complain about how bad their work hours are. But hey, it's always greener over the other side and I reckon. I am also jealous of the people that has taken the time off from work until the end of the year, traveling and enjoying their holidays elsewhere.

I also remember the same day 3 years back when a giant tsunami triggered by some powerful earthquakes began to make it's ways throughout the Asian Shores, the devastating lost of lives as well as infrastructures are very humbling, my heartfelt condolences to those who has lost loved ones as well as friends. It seem that it's just like yesterday when the catastrophe happened.

I hope when the New Year starts in a few more days, whatever that was bad in 2007 will be closed and a brighter new chapter will open full of positivity and optimism.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home