doc's dog day

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

reno madness

As everyone would probably know, I have been doing some minor renovations of my property. Frankly it's the worst possible decision of my life. Allow me to elaborate about it in entirety.

I engaged a plaster ceiling chap thinking that he has appropriate experience in dealing with high ended properties, Boy was I wrong! I have time and time again reminded him to cover the wooden floor with a plastic sheet and paper to prevent scratches on the floor. Imagine my chagrin when he never even bother to any basic measures to protect the floor.

I went again and to my utter dismay, my floor was scratched rather badly. What the hell, how can someone not even bother to at least cover the floor appropriately to prevent damage? I called him today and fired him. I think I will withhold any payment to him pending damage assessment. My walls are dirty, and there are stains on the walls, on the marble floor and also it was deplorable workmanship.

It seems to me that I have made a huge blunder engaging a half past six twit like this. My friend used him before and he was supposedly "good". I told him about that and he gave me loads and loads of excuse of "subbing" my unit job to his friend, I was like WTF! if I would have known I wouldn't have given you the job. These fellows are morons to say the very least.

I reckon I will have to see what can be done to salvage the floor, maybe i should talk to the developer's people to see any remedial measures can be taken?

Fact remains that everything has been screwed up from the word "GO". From taking more than 2 weeks to do up the ceiling to damaging my floor, and my walls. Contractors like this ought to be shot. Seriously I reckon there should be some registers to register contractors so as we can complain and have their license revoke if need be. Am so tired and fed up with all these pricks.

2 Comments:

  • can post some pic of the damage? maybe can help you to file a report.

    By Blogger seefei, at August 14, 2008 7:19 PM  

  • hi seefei,

    the damage is on the hard wood floor, and there are lots of scratches on it, have asked the developer to appoint ekowood to buff a layer and varnish it.

    nice blog u have there, plenty of pictures...:)

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at August 15, 2008 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home