doc's dog day

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

27th of August 2008

How time flies. It especially true when one is equivocally persuing one objective in mind, which is work, work and work. At times i wonder why work like what I am doing now?

I am 37 years old, which translates into 37 x 365 days of my sad existence, 37 is a figure that I want to be contented with, as I constantly remind myself that I am a saggitarius, which invariably means that I am born at the tail end of the year. I reckon it's at least some sort of feel good inner mechanism that I ditch out to pacify my pysche.

Many a times I reflect and ask myself one singular question. Why work, and work so hard and long hours at that too? It's not that I have a dependant to take care off? It's not that I have some offspring to bequeath what I have accumulated over all these years, right? Sometimes I just feel like closing this chapter of my life and moving on to some place where I can do what naturally makes me happy, to be away from all those persuit of all things materialistic. I really really wonder.

Coming to Robert Herrick's poem which I posted just earlier this morning, It basically exults a person to seize the day, or "carpe diem" in latin. Why isn't I seizing the day I wonder? Can I see myself doing the same thing day in and day out in the next few years? As much as I don't want to, I am unsure about it. Which invariably directs me to the basic question, whatever for?

I reckon I am giving myself 5 years before I call it quits, perhaps even earlier, since I am alone and doesn't need so much to maintain my lifestyle. I reckon this canine will be destined to roam the far reaches of this world alone.

Ironically Robert Herricks' poem which I quoted in my earlier post, "To the virgins, to make much of time" was written by Robert in his latter years as a testament of his regret of not "seizing the day" and getting someone to settle down and marry. Perhaps I am reciting the same old 'tune'.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home