doc's dog day

Monday, July 17, 2006

Males Vs Females

I have been a regular free to air radio listener. I am not a radio junkie, nor I am a radio nut, but for starters I listen to mix fm's morning show and the deejays there are pretty funny people abeit a little sarcastic at times. I reckon it's all for good fun and I am fine with it. As I prepare to get ready for work, I always tune to that station and there are numerous games on air, the battle of the sexes, the wrong answer game, quizes and other "made" to order, appeal to the masses types of easy, no brains required games.

What particularly caught my eye err or rather my "ears" were the particular trivial games show between males and females, the so called "Battle of the Sexes", it by itself sounds heavy and intriguing to say the very least. What more can a satirical game show be based upon? Pitting wits and also intelligence between "yin and yang".

As per the norm, the opponents pitted against each other and the winner will win some sponsored prizes all in good fun. The things that irks me the most is that the questions are easy and with multiple choices to choose from, in other words u have a 1 in 3 chances of hitting the correct answer and guess what? The guys always, and I mean ALWAYS loses! If this doesn't reflect the state of general knowledge in our population nowadays, I don't know what will. It's sad to listen to young supposedly "intelligent" city dwellers, savvy and what not, not even knowing that is happening around our world. It's disappointing to know that certain questions pertaining to everyday items are not even known to jokers like this.

Today's game for instance, a questions put out to the male contestant, is, " In Russia the queen of Russia as opposed to the King, who incidently is called a Tsar, is what? Answers includes Tsarika, Tsarina, and another which I forgot, and as expected the male chap in a balance of probability of 33.33% answered the wrong one. What can I say apart from shaking my head? I reckon I am not excellent when it comes to general knowledge, but the least I can do is to "hantam" the right answer??

Well, as malufying (taking a leaf from eve's most prolific word) I reckon it's goes to show that males are a bunch of losers. Damn, let me register for the next battle!

2 Comments:

  • eh me oso listen one wor..always tot the questions were too easy..tell me next time hor..if u were on air..so tat i can laff...er...cheer u on..hehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 17, 2006 7:24 PM  

  • what man, u want to laugh at me? I sure win one wor! kekeek, before that have to read all those tell me why books and encyclopaedias! kekeke

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at July 17, 2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home