doc's dog day

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Philipinas

Over the last weekend, I have been running around a lot. I decided to close for a short break to the Philipines and boy, couldn't things go any wrong that it had already. I woke uo at 5 am in the morning, super early for someone like me that sleeps pretty late, As a precaution my darling woke me up with an early morning call! kekekeke, what a life, to have someone so caring and concerned about me.

Anyway I left KL on board a flight bound for a super duper small airfield in what is called the Pampanga or whatever that it's called. It's an old air force base and naturally everything looks a bit flat! I was taken aback as I initially thought that it is very near to Manila and I couldn't be more wrong. It's more like Ipoh and KL! So the travelling starts..........

We stayed one night in Pampanga and it was seriously boring, so boring that there is nothing to do, apart from shooting pool and drinking in the pub. Naturally that place being in such close proximity with the air force base, there are more than it's share of agogo bars and areas of promiscuity. Not a place someone like me is comfortable with. But then again, due to the very low standards of living, there are more than the mixture of expats that fuel this booming place. I reckon this is going to be the next destination for DOMs in the future, overtaking the other haven like Hadyaai or even Phuket. Eww, to even think of it makes me want to puke.

The foods there are totally terrible. There is one chinese themed fast food place called Chow King and seriously my 12 year of neice can cook better than that. I don't know the business is still booming, ordinarily it would had closed up by now. But then again, those expats that is staying in pampanga are beyond comprehension.

We left pampanga the next day and took a bus to Manila, one word best describe it, chaotic and traffic jams! The cars and buses are separated by a mere inch to each other and it is really no fun. The exhaust fumes are like "stereo" effect, enveloping me from all fronts. All in all, I reckon my lifespan has shortened by at least a few days. Well in Manila there is at least some semblance of a normal city, with things to see and to buy. I probably spend loads of time browsing through oil paintings and also souveniours. Now this is more my type of a holiday. Walking and seeing things that is unique to that city. Life's been pretty hectic for Metro Manila folks and the inccessant political instability, it's a miracle life can still function. This place is so lawless that everyone seems to be carrying a fire arm, even going into the shopping centre, the security carries a side arm and a huge pump action gun. Imagine being frisks everytime u want to go in the complex to eat something!!

We stayed in a small hotel, called Euro motel or something like that in one of the suburbs off Manila. It is not cheap but the fact remains that the general Filipino populace are ahem, procreating like mad. We went out, there are "couples" waiting for hour usage of the rooms, we got back there are couples, it wouldn't be surprising that at 3 am, there are still people waiting to USE the stupid rooms! Makes me want to puke. By noon we were out scouting the place that we wanted to open a "car wash" it was busy, there are cabs all over and cars were coming in non stop for their daily wash. Actually not a bad business proposal, but the lawlessness is actually getting to me.

We checked out first thing in the morning and left to the airport. In my opinion, best thing that happen to me. I am so looking forward to talk to my darling. I never felt so enthusiatic about getting back to work. Hmm, as a matter of fact, dang, I am so looking forward to work, probably because i can talk to her.

Philipines is a humongus no no for me.

5 Comments:

  • awwwwwwwwwwwwww....so touched...eh wat filipina n all la..i tak notice pun , but the lovey dovey part was the one tat caught my attention...she is one helluva lucky woman , whoever she might be....someone's in lurve....yeahh babehhh....dun let him go..ok?..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 06, 2006 10:56 AM  

  • kekekekeke, dem da funny! yeah I am so in love with that person. Miss her like crazy.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at July 06, 2006 11:14 AM  

  • Now i guess "Far Away" ain't your favourite no more. Here's a song might just suitable for u.

    You're Beautiful James Blunt

    Intro :

    C G Am F
    e|-------|---------------------|-------------|
    B|---1-0-|-1-----1-0-1-3---1-0-|-1-----------|
    G|-0-----|-----0---------------|-------------| [2x]
    D|-------|---------------------|-----2--3----|
    A|-------|---------------------|-------------|
    E|-------|---------------------|-------------|


    C G
    1) My life is brilliant, my love is pure
    Am F
    I saw an angel, Of that I'm sure
    C
    She smiled at me on the subway.
    G
    She was with another man.
    Am
    But I won't lose no sleep on that,
    F
    'Cause I've got a plan.

    Chorus :

    F G C Am
    You're beautiful, You're beautiful.
    F G C
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    F G C C/B Am
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    F G Am
    And I don't know what to do,
    F G C
    'Cause I'll never be with you.


    Interlude :

    C G Am F
    e|----------------------------------|
    B|-1-0-1-----1-0-1-3---1-0-1--------|
    G|---------0------------------------|
    D|-----------------------------2--3-|
    A|----------------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------|

    C G
    2) Yes, she caught my eye, as we walked on by
    Am
    She could see from my face that I was
    F
    Fucking high
    C G
    And I don't think that I'll see her again
    Am F
    But, we shared a moment that will last to the end

    -> Chorus

    Bridge :
    Am F Am D
    La-la-la-la-la, La-la-la-la-la, La-la-la-la-la-La-a

    Outro :
    F G C Am
    You're beautiful, You're beautiful
    F G C
    You're beautiful, it's true
    F G
    There must be an angel
    C G Am
    With a smile on her face
    F G C C G Am
    When she thought up that I should be with you
    F G Am
    But it's time to face the truth
    F G C
    I will never be with you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 06, 2006 12:22 PM  

  • p/s:the ending should be - I'll always be with you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 06, 2006 12:25 PM  

  • i realli hope she is reading this...so sweet....eh girl , wat r u waiting for ler...la la lum ler...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 06, 2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home