doc's dog day

Monday, December 29, 2008

Dick FM?

I listen to radio talk shows every morning whilst driving to work, even thought it's a short drive but at times I do find some topic of conversation interesting especially contest based trivia Q&As. Just this morning there was a contests that supposedly pit a working adult's knowledge to that of a child.

The contestant today was a 29 year old Project manager, whom was asked 3 general knowledge based questions.

The first question is;

Host : " What is LED"?

contestant : I know that the E in LED stands for electronic or electric...But you want me to expand the acronym?

host : the "E" in LED is in fact not electronic nor electric, many people would have mistaken the "E" for that. It is "emitting".

contestant : I give up.

host : the full expansion of LED is Light Emitting Diode

contestant
: wah! I know that!

2nd Question,

Host : what does Ohms denotes in electricity?

answer
: resistance

host : very good answer!

3rd Question;

Host : and I hope you are good in your geography.

answer : NO, Not Geography, ask me something else, something easier!

question : what's the capital of Argentina?

answer : Give me a start or at least the First Alphabet?

host : it starts with a "B"

answer : BRAZIL?


I was like going WHAT? nearly puke myself when I heard this 29 year old Project manager utter Brazil as the capital of Argentina. Any oxymoron who watches FIFA world cup would know that they are completely different country. I was like HELLO?, Never heard of Buenos Aires?

The questions are easy, well at least it sounded easy to me which I reckon you don't need to study for it. It's basically just something a decent knowledgeable chap would know.

I wonder what people nowadays know? Project manager that doesn't even know the basics of,..... anything? Just imagine that when this chap is married with kids, the children would have inherited his ignorance, scary thought eh? sickening and scary thought, hell ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home